Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sniff, Cough and Kleneex

Doggone Cold! Hi Ya'll. Well me and Wifey are down with a bug. Some sort of flu-like thing that knocked us down, and fast! So I make some Garlic rich, Chicken and Rice and Carrots for us! I spoiled Wifey with some Vernors Ginger Ale, and homemade cornbread! She is now sleeping like a baby. No coughing right now! How did I make my kicked up Chicken and Rice for two?

For my Chicken and Rice, I used:

1. 8 Chicken Legs and 2 Thighs
2. 7 Crushed Cloves of Garlic
3. 1 Bay Leaf
4. 1 half tea spoon of Basil
5. 1 and a half cups of Baby Carrots
6. Table Spoon of Adobo Seasoning
7. Salt to taste
8. Pepper to taste
9. Table Spoon of Olive Oil
10. Tea Spoon of Butter

Boil Chicken and Baby Carrots in a quart and a half of water until well done. Boil time, 45 mins at medium heat. When Chicken is to the point of falling off the bone, folk chicken off the bone into a bowl. Disgard bones. Add chicken back into the broth along with a cup and a half of rice. Two cups if you like you dish to be thicker.

Boil at medium heat for ten minutes and then turn the burner down to a low simmer. The rice will become puffy and fill out the dish in about 20 mins time.  Serve with Cornbread! Enjoy!

Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment