Friday, April 4, 2014

“China to export K9 Meat to the United States”


Sweet and Sour Chicken




“China to export K9 Meat to the United States”
By Glenn Peppers                                                                                                                  4-4-14


(I will not feature any photo or photos that came with the article I read which sparked this blog! I found it a bit too graphic. I think my blog speaks for itself! Any pictures or images of dogs or K9's for consumption can be found within the article that I Linked the article just under my blog.) 


So let me get this right! China wants to export Dog meat/K9 meat/BowWow Burgers, or whatever you want to call it over here to America! Solidifying the rumors that chinese food restaurants do in fact use feline and K9 animals in their (and possibly our) commercialized food product for consumption! Well hold on there!... Whether this is true or not, here of late, I have been learning how to make my own version of various Thai and Chinese food dishes with Real Shrimp and Crab; as well as Real Chicken and Beef. Over the last few years, I’ve studied, and now know how to make and/or use a lot of Asian spices, and make some of their sauces. 

Still at the same time, I also know how false rumors can ruin a business. Especially a restaurant business. I think of a once popular Asian restaurant back in the day here in the Detroit area. A once popular chinese restaurant called "Stanley's!" Stanley's was located on Milwaukee off John R in Detroit, and was a staple and a hub, if you will of chinese food cuisine back in the 1960's 70's; and almost on through to the 1980's! That is until a wild rumor got out that Stanley’s was using Cats (felines) as the meat substance in his chinese food recipe. Now I don't know for sure if there was ever any grain of truth in this at all! I’ve never read anything to substantiate this claim, yet from what people tell me from their dining experience at Stanley’s. Stanley's Chinese Food on Milwaukee had really excellent food! Well from what I observed from my driving by the joint. It is now closed, and looks like it has been for quite some time.

See, I love Chinese Food! And in defense of good Chinese Food restaurants, I do not know if this or any rumor like this was ever the truth, at all. All I know is Stanley’s suffered almost irreparable damage to his business as a result of such a rumor, causing it to eventually close down its main store on Milwaukee and John R. Yet if I'm not mistaken, Stanley does have one other restaurant that is still open. If I remember correctly, it is located on 8 mile and Woodward, in Detroit. I've never eaten at either Stanley's, and not because of the rumors. It was basically because I never got a chance to visit the main store on Milwaukee. It had closed by the time I found out about the place in my younger years. And still to this day, I drive right past the second store, forgetting that its still open! From the road, in my opinion, Stanley’s II doesn't even look like a chinese restaurant! So I mindlessly pass it by every time, and say to myself a red light or so away. “Wow, wasn’t that the other Stanley’s?” 

Although my past experiences with other really bad chinese restaurants may have put a damper on my visiting too many other chinese food operations here in Michigan. I cannot judge all chinese restaurants by this whole idea (and probable rumor) that in China (or here in america), they sell, purchase, and consume dogs as a form of meat substance! The very idea makes my bones rattle! Reading an article about this whole insane idea that China is even thinking of importing K9 meat to United States is frightening to me. Especially since now it seems that the people who monitor, protect and approve our food items for consumption here in america, now think it is ok for us to eat Genetically Modified Foods, and not hold places like Monsanto responsible for any crimes, or advise affects on people, for altering the food chain of the world.  

This new mindset of being careful where I consume Asian foods at Chinese restaurants started for me when I went into a chinese restaurant here in Eastpointe, Mi (just north of Detroit) about two years ago, when I saw the cook, working not 20 feet from me in the kitchen area do something I'll never forget. This man who was doing the cooking, was standing in front of this massive flaming stove, with these two big flaming woks going; and this faucet of water just pouring running water into who knows where! When all at once this guy hocked up a big ball of spit and phlegm into his mouth, and spit it into this big white bucket that sat just at his feet, right in front of the stove. Well as you can imagine, I was done! 
I flat out asked the cashier for my money back and never went back to that place again. The guy at the register kept asking me. "What Wrong? What was wrong?" When I told him what I saw, he just stood there looking at me as if I was the one who was crazy! He didn't get it that what this man at the stove did was so bloody nasty, and unsanitary it wasn't even funny! The amount of pathogens, from this probably highly infectious mucus, could have transferred untold communicable germs to an incredible amount of people as a result. I was shocked beyond belief!  Two other patrons walked out behind me as well after seeing this open act of disrespect, and homespun genocide in a store front!

I clearly remember this nitwit spitting this huge dark, infected looking glop of mucus into one of those big white Home Depot fishing or painting buckets. the kind with the metal handle on it. The bucket was already half filled with something. I could actually see it through the thin white polyurethane plastic! What it was filled with, I have no idea! I'd just hate to think that this man had spat so much mucus into this bucket over time that he had halfway filled it up with mucus! What a completely unsettling thought!

Although, I should have learned the first time something like this happened before the spitting incident. Because back in early 2003, I was in the middle of ordering chinese food at the counter window in another chinese take out joint on the Davison and Dexter area in Detroit. I could see into the kitchen area of the place through this two foot window. And what I saw was the guy (the cook) who was setting up to prepare my dorder, going over to the fridge to get a refill of shrimp for his cooking area to make my order. 

In doing so, he picked up what appeared to me to be the dirtiest grey dishpan I've ever seen, and headed toward the cooler/fridge. This pan looked like he had washed and rinsed black paint brushes in that thing. I thought that he had removed a work bucket from under the stove, where someone had been either cleaning grease, or repairing something that was really dirty! 
So, not realistically thinking he was going to use that same plastic dishpan in the process of preparation for my food. I suspiciously stood at the counter and waited to see just what he was going to do with that grimy dishpan. Well friends and neighbors... Do you know this Jack Wagon opened the refrigerator and began pulling out shrimp (with his bare hands) and began dumping them into this toxic mess of a dishpan? I was incensed! In fact, I almost hurled! I could not believe this guy was going to put anything edible in that dishpan, let alone the shrimp he was going to cook for my chinese food order! I shouted at that guy! "I just know you're not going to use that dirty azz dishpan and that dirty azz shrimp to cook my food with. After you've put your dirty hands all over it from grabbing that nasty dishpan?" He looked shocked as if to say, "What's wrong with that?" I instantly walked out of that place, and called the board of health on them. 

I don't know exactly what happened with that place, but I do remember the place being closed for a bit. Yet now I see (recently) as I drove passed that it is open again. I can only imagine that it is probably owned by one of the family members, if not in fact the same people. 

That incident put me off restaurant chinese food for a very long time. Right until that spitting incident in Eastpointe, Mi. I was even put off Thai food for a while. That is why I've learned to make my own Asian foods as best as possible. And if I cannot make it. I'll Google it, or Youtube it! I'll even ask my Facebook friends to help me out, as they are very talented cooks and people who like good food! Some way some how, I’ll find some kind of written or instructional video on how to make the Asian cuisine that I like. 

Anything but patronize places that do not have my safety in mind, and have the nerve to sell edible items to me that are rotten, unsanitary, or of total bad quality. I’ll not eat anything that a restauranteur themselves won't consume!
Chinese Food Buffet
Have you noticed that when you go to some dine-in chinese restaurants, and you see chinese people eating there. They often times have a completely different menu, or items and set of things on their plate to eat much that is much different from yours? Especially at some of those Chinese All you can Eat Buffet places! They’re buffet items are nothing like ours! They won’t even touch the foods they prepare for us to eat! The only Chinese Food place I've ever eaten at where the patrons ate pretty much what everybody else was eating was when my wife and son and I went to Oakland, Ca. some years ago. My wife wanted to show me what real Chinese Restaurant Food tasted like! It was very good! Very rich, and wholesome! Lot of Vegetables! This was an old school chinese restaurant! 
Chinese elders and respected people within that Chinese community all gathered and ate there, and the food tasted much different than it does here in Michigan. Real spices and herbs, not fake dried seasonings in a bottle. When you ordered basil chicken. You got real basil, and real chicken. Those ladies and male chefs were clean, and cordial! The place was spotless! I ordered no beef or pork, just in case they did in fact use K9 meat or any other meats. Yet, from what I saw and experienced in Oakland, Ca was a world apart from the kind of americanized, and reworked chinese foods full of MSG, and high fructose corn syrup (and heaven only knows what else) that we have here in the midwest! 

As I said, the people who cook chinese food for us here won’t even touch the kind of foods they prepare for us to eat! That started to tell me something a long time ago!... So for me... Chinese Food on a commercial scale, here in Michigan ever again? Hayle-Nah! They can keep their Feline and K9 meat, and that big giant 4oz cups of all that white powered MSG, and load it on a freighter boat right back to mainland China, along with all those leaded toys, and other mercury and BPH products they manufacture and ship over here! 
Oh, by the way, Wifey and I are making Pepper Steak, with Real Steak! tonight! At least I think its real steak!...

No comments:

Post a Comment